Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

today's rant: 1, 2, 3, 4, we don't like the jersey shore, originally 10/7/10

With the advent of “jersey shore”, mtv is now truly dead.  It has almost achieved what it set out to do back in the mid 90s, to make music a thing of the past.  It only has two pieces of redeeming grace:  mtv hits channel 188 still playing music videos and “jackass”.  However, since there is no turning back from the toilet that mtv has built itself to be, this is going to be less complaining and more ol’ fashioned cursing.

Take it from a long islander like me; the cast of “jersey shore” ain’t scripting it.  Keep in mind, I have never watched an episode, but I’ve heard enough to know what’s up.  How?  I grew up around this type of people.  Literally.   I went to high school with this type.  I found out just today that some dumb bitch in the cast is from my home town.  example:  a month ago, we took the LIRR back from nyc late at night and wanted to stop at 7-11 for some big gulps.  I stopped at the 7-11 in garden city at the merillon avenue train station.  garden city is 1 town away from franklin square, where i went to high school.  outside the shop were 3 done-up sports cars complete with “fast & furious” gauges on the dashboard and greasy Italian bastards in white tank tops leaning on the hoods.  As we pulled up, I turned to Barbara and said “I told you they existed!”  as we were leaving with our sodas, I swear to you, I saw that one of the guidos was flexing his arm and having one of the other guidos feel his muscle.  I wanted to shout out my window as we drove away, “hey, when you’re done feeling him up, how ’bout you come feel me up too, sweetheart?”

On an unrelated note, if you live eastern Suffolk and have the opportunity to vote for tim bishop or randy altschuler for the HOR, let me just voice my opinion that randy altschuler is retarded.  His last two radio ads contradict each other.  His most recent ad said the incumbent bishop did not vote to extend the bush era tax cuts (by the way, nobody voted to extend the tax cuts because the vote hasn’t happened yet, fucktard) while the ad before said he voted for obama’s stimulus package, which included tax refunds.  I remember getting my extra $600.  They’re portraying obama’s stimulus package as bad and bush’s as good simply because they represent different political parties.  So what is it, altschuler?  Are tax cuts good or bad?

It makes me sick.  It seems more productive for a radio ad for a candidate to talk about what they are going to do as opposed to what the opponent did or did not do.  I hear that in debates but not advertisements.  Why?  Take the time.  I’m sitting at work all day listening to the same 10 songs for 8 hours straight.  I have the time to listen to something else.  Just fucking tell me.  What are you going to do?  Are you going to do anything at all?  Fuck, just tell me!

On another unrelated note, if you’re gay, don’t kill yourself.  Outside of school, nobody cares if a person is gay or not.  We’ve got other things to worry about than that.  And if you’re being bullied, get over it.  It’s not going to matter in 4 years because you’ll never see those people again.

No comments:

Post a Comment