Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2011

today's rant: why i'm fucked up, originally 3/6/07

my personality is a very harsh double-edge sword.  it has hindered me in more ways than i wish to count.  on the one side, i hardly ever know the right thing to say.  in the time it normally takes to come up with a witty response, i'm still thinking about the different things to say, what sounds best, what i shouldn't say, and minutes pass as i stare into oblivion while everyone around me is a mile ahead of me.  when a group of people talk, i prefer to just shut the fuck up and listen because there is rarely an occasion when i have something relevant to contribute to the conversation.  my best chance at getting out of a bind is to ask a question that has just the smallest importance to the topic of conversation.

on the other side of the coin, i tend to ramble on nonsensically.  to me, it sounds smart, but i forget to think about what other people are thinking.  most of the time, their thinking "what the fuck is this poor schmuck talking about?"  i say inappropriate shit in class.  to me, it's funny.  to other people, it's just meh.

how about that shit?  i can stand in front of a few hundred people and sing to them, but i have a hard time talking to one person.  thus is my downfall.

No comments:

Post a Comment