Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2011

today's rant: friend requests, originally 9/18/06

even though i have expressed my feelings towards unwelcome friend requests on my profile under "who i'd like to meet", girls seem to circumvent that piece of information by sending a friend request without even looking at my profile!!!  i'll admit, i'm single, and i'd like to be able to converse with a single lady, but i am not so desperate or stupid as to be duped by random people out of state who just joined myspace today.

i'm not even stupid enough to believe those are real people on the other end of those profiles.  i'd have a much easier time believing that santa claus or the easter bunny wanted to be on my friend's list, solely because they've given me presents and chocolate over the years.  i shudder to think that an actual female in her early-twenties is sitting behind a computer looking for new friends...and comes across me.  think about it:  early-twenties...these are the best years...full-swing into adulthood...and you're wasting it...on sending me a friend request.  what the fuck is wrong with you?  you can't be real.  everyone has something better to do with their time.  everyone.  even taking a shit yields more accomplishment than sending me those requests.  no one could have a profile picture like that and be so desperate as to look at my picture and think "hmm...he seems like a winner.  just look at that giant tube of mentos!"

i reached a point where i snapped and decided to message one of the so-called "women" who wanted to be my friend.  here is the message i sent her:
"despite the fact that i probably will not get a reply to this message, i'm writing it anyway.

here's an exerpt from your profile:
"My turn on: Funny, kind, love a good movie and is open minded to anything"

funny: you want to know what's funny? you sending me a friend request when you've never seen my profile. that's fucking hilarious

kind: i'm kind enough to send you this message before denying your friend request

love a good movie: who the fuck doesn't love a good movie? who walks around town screaming at the top of their lungs "'gigli' was a really good idea"? i'd like to meet that asshole so i can hit him in the knees with a baseball bat

open minded to anything: i'm in college, enough said.

do i turn you on yet?

i've gotten 20 of these bullshit friend requests today. i don't know if it's a computer doing this or a real person, but if an actual person is making these profiles, get a fucking life."

back to tutoring for me tomorrow.  until next time, giggity-giggity.

No comments:

Post a Comment