Pages

Thursday, February 15, 2018

today's rant: school shootings

I'd just like to say, in the wake of another mass shooting at an American school, to not expect this kind of bullshit to go away any time soon.  So long as there are sniveling little white dipshits stupid enough to fail to move on from school life, this is going to be more and more commonplace on an exponential level.  Nobody could stop this shit 20 years ago, and nobody can stop this shit now.  No matter how many gun laws enacted (or not, depending on the majority political party), no matter how much meaningless social media uproar, no matter the efforts to remove the stigma of mental health so that people can be helped easier, there are going to be more and more highly publicized and elaborate mass shootings in American public schools.  The reason is simple:  leading up to said massacre, sniveling little white dipshits don't give a flying fuck about anything except doing the most damage possible before they are either caught, killed, or kill themselves.

The average American has no idea how to counter that.  I have no idea how to counter that.  I think the reason why we as a people are ill-equipped to deal with this kinda thing is because we have not taken a timeout to talk it over.  We're too fat, happy, and prosperous to bother with it.  We're so focused on Kardashians or female-only Doritos or Despacitos or whatever the fuck is going on in pop culture.  Personally, I think it's a miracle that we're even talking about sexual harassment on a national level.  It's a godsend!  However, back on school shootings, I promise that the conversation that needs to take place is not going to happen any time soon, but I do have an idea of what could stimulate the conversation.  It may be eventual, but it's not going to be easy or pleasant.  In my opinion, a sitting federal politician will have a family member killed in a mass school shooting before any real action is done to stop it.  Sad, isn't it?  I don't like it, and I wish there would be a mass renaissance of the sniveling little white dipshit human spirit before that happens, but since the pace of progress has the blistering speed of my brother's pet desert tortoise, a good kick in the balls in Washington D.C. would garner some attention, don't'cha think?  I wish I had a better answer.  I really do.  But if Gabrielle Giffords, the Arizona Congresswoman, could get her face blown off 7 years ago and we are still no closer to solving the problem, then what the fuck?  Having a sitting politician getting shot didn't change a thing.  The next logical step is their families.

I don't own a gun.  However, it is my firm opinion that every American has the right to have a gun in their house found by a child and accidentally have their brains blown to kingdom come.  They have that right.  I have that right, but I willingly choose not to exercise it.  Anyhow, the point is that I am not an expert of firearms, nor the culture or politics behind them.  I AM an expert of bullshit.  And trust me, the whole "gun control" vs "mental health" dick-tug of war between the democrats and the republicans is one heaping bowl of steaming bullshit.  For all the talk, hardly anything gets done.  So in the end, the argument is pointless.  If they really gave a flying fuck, they'd put their shriveled up dicks back in their overpriced pants and figure something out.

Has anyone ever used a firearm inside the Capitol building?  Maybe in the 19th century to settle a duel or something.

Off-topic, but it bears mentioning:  I say let teenagers eat laundry detergent pods if they want.  Worst case scenario:  it cleans the gene pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment