Pages

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

today's rant: driving through atlanta

lately for my job, i have to drive from my new home in south carolina to my job in alabama until the south carolina facility opens.  my drive takes me from columbia through augusta through atlanta to montgomery.  depending on traffic and stops for gas and food, it takes me anywhere between 5 hours 15 minutes to 6 and a half hours when going 70 mph.  now, i have not had the opportunity to spend a good amount of time in atlanta.  i would like to at some point.  i might even be adventurous or drunk enough to go a braves game when the mets play there.

unfortunately for me, my route only takes me south of the main part of atlanta, so i do not get to see much of the city.  the interstate i ride takes me though the airport.  notice that i did not say "passed the airport."  i said "through the airport" and i mean "through the airport."   the interstate goes through the airport.  look on a map.  one miscalculation, a plane is landing on your ass or you are driving through the nathan's hot dogs booth.

you know what would be awesome?  strawberry m&m's.  by the way, i don't want to hear any grammar nazis coming at me.  "oh, there isn't supposed to be an apostrophe there since it's plural and not possessive!"  fuck you!  i'm staring at the bag right now.  there's an apostrophe.

you know what the hardest thing about being on weight watchers is?  post-holiday clearance candy.  $1 for a five pound bag of pastel m&m's simply because it isn't easter anymore?  god bless america.

i am still reveling in the fact that being a father gives me a legitimate excuse to watch cartoons.  lately, i was elated to hear that there will be a sequel to finding nemo called finding dory.  now i can play finding nemo for my daughter in two years and we can go see finding dory immediately after in the theaters.  fuckin' a! (singing in my head "just keep swimming, just keep swimming...")

i might as well say this now while it is early in the season and i still feel happy:  let's go mets!

No comments:

Post a Comment